Hart Middle School Attendance
To clear an absence or late arrival call
24-hour attendance line
Every absence must be cleared by a parent or legal guardian within 48 hours or absences are considered "cuts" and are subject to disciplinary action.
Call the attendance line the morning of the absence. Be prepared to give your child’s:
- Student ID number
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- Your relationship to the student
If your child will be late to school in the morning, please do one of the following to excuse him/her when checking in at the attendance office window:
- Call before your student arrives (put attendance line number in your cell phone)
- Send a signed and dated note with your student
- Come to the attendance window with your student to sign in
Send a signed and dated note with your child stating:
- Time of departure
- Reason for departure
- Time of return, if your student will be returning to school later that same day
Your child will show the note to the teacher during class and then will take the note to the attendance office window to get a pass to leave campus.
If a note is not provided, please be prepared to show your identification.
Student attendance is vital to a student's success, so we strongly discourage parents/guardians from taking students out of class during the school year. If a pre-approved absence form or independent study contract is not on file before your child's absence, you may receive a truancy letter. In the unlikely event that a student must be out of town when school is in session, the student should obtain and complete a pre-approved absence form or independent study contract. Please see link to the right for details and forms.
Messages for Students During the School Day
Our school policy is to not interrupt classes.
- We are unable to deliver messages and forgotten items to your child during school hours.
- If your child has forgotten items at home, items may be left in the attendance office with the student's name and student ID number clearly marked.
- It is up to your child to pick up these items.
- Students may check for their items between classes, at lunch or after school.
We do not deliver messages or forgotten items to students.
Truancy & Excessive Absences
An important part of academic success if good attendance. The school district has an attendance protocol to track truancy and excessive absences. Parents will be notified if students have a certain number of unexcused absences or an excessive number of excused absences.
Please see the attendance guidelines file below for the attendance protocol.