What Does the PTSA Fund?
The PTSA funds grants and special requests submitted by the administration and staff. Most requests are for technological devices and supplemental classroom supplies.
Projects funded, to date in 2020-2021, by the PTSA include:
- Ice Cream Social
- Book Fair, which ended up earning $4k for the library
- Weekly Woof Parent e-Newsletter
- Reflections Art Program
- Student Engagement Assemblies
- Family Programs (STEAM Night, Parent Education Speakers)
- Grants for Teachers and staff for classroom equipment/supplies
- Umbrellas in the quad/lunch area tables
- Media cart/chromebook accessories
- Other projects funded
- $16,000 in departmental grants
- ELA Department (Alcorn) – ELA Resources $4,574
- Art Department (Suassuna) – Diversity Books + Art Supplies, $2,150
- Special Education Department (Culmer) – SPED Materials , $231
- ELA / History Block (Schuh) – Multimedia Mics, $462
- Home Economics (Scherschel) – Culinary & Sewing Supplies, $1,462
- Music Department (Lu) – Choral Music Folders, $2,800
- Art Department (Suassuna) – Art Stools, $4,440
Thank you to the many Hart families who give generously of their money and time to support our students, school, and the PTSA.
If you'd like to help the PTSA determine how our resources are spent on campus, please attend the PTSA Association Meetings. We welcome your participation and input. Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday every other month @ 6pm in the Hart LIBRARY
You can find this year's approved budget below.
To see projects funded by PTSA in previous years, click here.