This is a 24-hour machine, so calls can be made any time of the day or night. Every absence or tardy of any kind must be cleared by a parent or legal guardian within 72 hours or absences are considered unexcused and are subject to a truancy review.
All Day Absences
Call the attendance line the morning of the absences. Be prepared to give the following:
-Date of absence
-Your child’s name
-Reason for absence
-Your relationship to the student
If your child will be late to school in the morning, please do one of the following to excuse them when checking in at the attendance office window:
- Call before your student arrives late
- Come to the attendance window with your student to sign them in.
Note: It’s required that you call the attendance office to provide us with a reason why the student is late.
- Send a signed and dated note with your student stating:
- Time of departure
- Reason for departure
- Time of return, if your child will be returning to school later that same day
- Have your student show the note to their teacher and then bring the note to the attendance window.
- Parent/guardian must show ID when signing out their student regardless of having a note or not.
Note: The person picking up the student must be over 18+ years of age and in our Q system under student release emergency list or they will not be allowed to leave campus.
Because student attendance is vital to a student’s success, we strongly discourage parents/guardians from taking students out of class during the school year. In the unlikely event that a student must be out of town when school is in session, the student should obtain and complete one of the following forms. If a pre-approved absence form or independent study contract is not on file before your student’s absence you may receive a truancy letter.
For absences for 1-4 days: Pre-Approved Absences Form
-Must be approved before absence by the principal/vice-principal.
-Approval is based on the students' attendance and grades.
-This form is available in the attendance office.
For absences of 3-15 days: Independent Study Contract (IS)
- Please email (Liza Silva) at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Independent Study Contract.
Must be completed two weeks before the planned absences.
- This form can only be picked up in the attendance office.
- The independent Study contract provides space for teachers to write assignments for each class and must be signed by all teachers, the parents, the student and the principal before the students leave town.
- Upon returning to school, the student must bring all assigned work to the attendance office before going to class.
Messages for students during the school Day
Our school policy is not to interrupt classes
- We are unable to deliver messages and forgotten items to your child during school hours.
- Forgotten Items can be left in the attendance office with your child’s name and ID number clearly marked.
- It is up to your child to pick up these items.
- Students can check for forgotten items between classes, at lunch, after school
We do not deliver messages or forgotten items to students.