Pre-Approved & Extended Absences
If you know ahead of time that your student will be missing 1-4 days of school due to one of the following reasons, please complete a Pre-Approved Absence form.
- Appearance in court
- Attendance at a funeral service for a non-immediate family member
- Attendance at religious retreats
- Employment interview or conference
- Family necessity of fewer than 5 school days, provided student makes up all work missed during absence
- College visit (post-secondary options)
- Other pre-approved justifiable reason (non-vacation)
This form can be downloaded (see below) or picked up at the Attendance Office.
- Forms must be approved by the principal or a vice principal before the absence.
- Approval is based on the student's attendance and grades.