AVID Program for 2019-2020
Hart Middle School
January 31, 2019:
AVID Information Night
February 15, 2019:
AVID Applications (Student and Parent) due to Mrs. Kozlow in the Counseling Office
1st Week of March:
AVID Student Interviews
Last Week of March:
Acceptance and Decline Letters sent out
In Case you missed our Parent Night Presentation
you can see our google slides here.
What AVID is ...
- AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- AVID is an in-school academic support program for grades 4-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places academically average students in advanced classes.
- AVID levels the playing field for minority, rural, low-income and other students without a college-going tradition in their families.
- AVID is for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle.
- AVID is implemented schoolwide and districtwide.
What AVID isn't ...
- AVID isn't a remedial program.
- AVID isn't a free ride.
- AVID isn't a niche program.
- AVID isn't a college outreach program.
To read more program information go to the AVID web site