Dear Hart families,
Welcome to Hart Middle School for the 2018-2019 school year! Online Registration for all new and returning students is comprised of 3 steps.
2018-2019 Online Registration Information at Hart Middle School
Online registration for 2018-2019 school year will open on August 1, 2018. Mailers will be mailed to returning student families with registration instructions in mid July. Families new to PUSD will receive a mailer with PIN/password to access the Q Parent Portal. Online registration is a three-step process.
STEP 1: Future Fund Registration
Visit the Hart Future Fund website at: https://hart.futurefund.com.
At the HART FUTURE FUND website, you are able to review information about Hart Middle School, customize how your information will appear in the school directory, donate to the non-profit organizations that help support our school, sign up to volunteer for school and parent club activities, find out about Hart’s sport program, make school purchases and classroom donations.
This online system only accepts credit cards and Visa/MC debit cards payments. If you would rather pay by cash or check for any purchases or donations, don’t make those selections in Future Fund, you can do that at Walk through registration, but bring several checks with you as some items must be paid for separately.
STEP 2 : “Q” Online – Registration
Next, you will log onto “Q” PARENT CONNECTION portal; https://sis.pleasantonusd.net/ParentPortal/ you will be provided a link to “Q” when you get to the end of Hart’s Future Fund registration. You would use your PIN and password information that you have used to log onto “Q” Parent Connection portal. Once you have logged on, start the registration process by clicking on the blue “Registration/Emergency Info” link. In “Q” there is also a 3 minute video that you can watch that explains the process; Click on this VIDEO LINK You will be able to review and update each child’s emergency information on “Q “.
At this site you will be able to:
- View and edit your child’s information
- Update your phones numbers and email addressees
- Add at least one emergency contact, in case you are not available (local contacts preferred)
- Update your child’s medical information
- Update your child’s information throughout the year
- Address changes cannot be updated on Q
- Read, acknowledge and opt-in/out for a variety of forms and notices.
The complete list of forms and notices that will be provided in Q can also be found on the district webpage.
After completing the Q online registration, parents will receive a confirmation email that they will need to print and bring to Walk-thru registration.
NOTE: If you have lost your “Q” PARENT CONNECTION pin and password, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your password reset. Please allow up to 7 - 10 days to receive your password.
STEP 3: Walk Thru Registration at Hart Middle School
Come to Hart Middle School on August 6, 2018 if your child’s last name starts with the letter A – K or August 7, 2018 if your child’s last name starts with L – Z for Hart’s walk thru registration to finish the registration process. At Walk thru registration, you can find out about Hart’s students clubs, tour the campus, visit our PTSA table, purchase Hart spirit wear, visit the PPIE table and pick up your child’s organizer, PE clothes and receive your child’s schedule.
Monday, August 6 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM All grades/ A - K
Tuesday, August 7 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM All grades/ L – Z
Please bring the following items to Walk thru registration:
- The “Q” online registration confirmation email that you received after completing the online registration on Q Parent Connection
- Two CURRENT proofs of residence
- Your Future Fund receipt for any purchases you made on Future Fund
- Any additional optional forms: Completed sport packet, PUSD Volunteer Clearance Form, PUSD Transportation of Students in Privately Owned Vehicles, and School Site Council Form.
- Proof of TDAP if your child is entering 7th grade and has not turned in their proof.
** At Walk thru registration, we will have a computer lab available for anyone who does not have access to a computer so you can still do the online registration.
Required Documentation: Two proofs in any combination:
Current utility bill (July or August 2018); such as PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV bill
- Rental/lease agreement signed within the last 2 months, (with name, address, signature and telephone number of lesser and lessee)
- Final escrow papers signed within the last two months
Unacceptable proofs are your driver’s license, mortgage statement, auto registration or property tax bill. You will not be able to proceed thru walk-through registration and receive your child’s schedule unless you have TWO proofs of residency.
Tdap (Petussis) Booster Requirement: The California law (AB 354) requires students to receive a Tdap booster on or after their 7th birthday in order to enter 7th through 12th grade. The law requires that students who have not received a Tdap booster after their 7th birthday will be excluded from school beginning the first day. These students may not receive a schedule until proof of vaccination is provided.
Volunteers Needed at Walk Thru
If you would like to help at walk-thru registration, visit the Hart Middle School website: http://www.hartmiddleschool.org and sign up. Watch for our Volunteer SIGN UP in MID – JULY. We truly appreciate our wonderful parent volunteers for their time helping with walk-thru registration! Shifts are available both days.
Monday, August 6 Shift AM: 8:00 AM to 11:45 AM
PM: 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Tuesday, August 7 Shift AM: 8:00 AM to 11:45 AM
PM: 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
New Student/Sixth Grade Orientation
New student orientation is a fun filled and exciting experience for all students NEW to Hart. The purpose is to make the transition to Hart a smooth and positive one. Counselors and trained 8th grade students will guide students through games and activities and give a campus tour. Activities are designed to help students meet new people, understand the ins and outs of middle school, learn their way around campus, get questions answered and have FUN!
Friday, August 3, 2018
Students’ last names: A - K 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Students’ last names: L - Z 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Students check in (Courtyard by Gym)
First Day of School
The first day of school is Monday, August 13, 2018
- The school day will be from 8:40 am until 3:08 pm except on Wednesdays when school begins at 9:32 am for all students.
- If your child is taking an extra period, ‘A’ will be held before school from 7:40 am – 8:36 am. ‘A’ period meets every day except Wednesday.
- Students can bring their organizer they received at Walk through registration.
- A suggested student supply list for each grade level is posted on the Hart website.
- Band and String students, please bring your instrument on the first day of school. Students do not need to bring their P.E. clothes on the first day of school.
All Sports Information Night
For more information about Hart’s sports program, please plan to attend the “All Sports Information Night” on August 22 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in Hart’s multi-purpose room.
Back to School Night / Sixth Grade Success Presentation
Back to School night is scheduled for Thursday, August 23 from 6:30 pm until 8:25 pm. This event is for parents and guardians only. The evening allows parents and guardians the opportunity to meet their child’s teacher and learn more about their upcoming year.
Before Back to School Night we have scheduled “Sixth Grade Success Presentation” in Hart’s multi-purpose room from 5:45 pm – 6:30 pm and learn how your sixth grade child can have a successful year!